Friday, June 23, 2006

Black bags: The madness continues.

I seem to have overcome my inability to find a black bag that I like. Lately, black bags have been fairly falling out of the sky and pelting me on the head.

While perusing Neiman's fall bag preview (That just kills me. Fall bags in June.) online, I actually uttered, "Oh, my God," out loud when I saw this bag.

It's Prada! I'm not normally a Prada girl, but I've seen a few designs lately that have increased my heartrate dramatically. And I have to say it again: Oh, my God. I love this bag. The Prada Logo Tote.

It's relatively simple, but the gold hardware and largish, rectangular logo plate add just enough flash to nudge it firmly toward the "workplace diva" category. And might I add that I love gold with black - I know lots of women prefer silver hardware on black bags, but I've always found that kind of cheap-looking for some reason. Was I traumatized in childhood by a particularly ugly bag? I'll probably never know. One thing I do know is that this bag is not only beautiful, it's fairly large, 14"H x 15 1/5"W x 6 2/5"D, and the full body provides what looks like plenty of room for just about anything you've got to tote for the day.

Sadly, as with many Prada bags of promising design, this lovely thing is made of nylon with deerskin trim. Nylon! $1550.00 for a nylon bag! That's just not going to happen in my world. Oh, it makes me cry.

Today's bag: Kooba Ada.

No comments: