Friday, June 30, 2006

Dooney & Bourke sadness.

I'm the biggest doofus ever.

I've been admiring Dooney & Bourke's Anniversary Signature Giant Sac since it was introduced. It's monstrously huge, L 18.5" W 5" H 14.5", but relatively inexpensive, at $275.00. Like most D&B bags, it comes in a host of bag/trim color combinations. What immediately caught my eye with these was the very unexpected deep red leather trim on most of the bags. Beautiful!

The poster-bag for the collection seems to the be navy/red combo, as this is the one Dooney highlights, but the black/red combination was my choice. Sadly, just when I finally decided to buy the thing (Wednesday night!), Dooney's website told me that the black/red bag wasn't in stock.

Nooooooo!

My second choice would've been the black with black leather, but guess what? You guessed it! Black/black isn't in stock either! If I wanted the poster bag, navy with red trim, or one of the other five colors offered, I'd be in business.

You know what else saddens me? Dooney doesn't offer a matching wallet. There are two that come close, but nothing made to specifically coordinate with the special red-trimmed Anniversary bags. Oh, the short-sightedness of it all.

Today's bag: Kooba Ada.

No comments: