Sunday, August 13, 2006

Shoe lurve.

Eeee, it's my favorite time of the fashion year! All the magazines are doing fall spreads, and so far I'm pretty much loving what I've seen. The parts that carryover to real life - big bags, gorgeous deep neutral colors and FLATS! I love FLATS!, have made me a happy woman. It's always fun to see what's up for the new season, but when it's stuff you already love anyway, well, so much the better.

A work friend emailed me, swooning over a pair of shoes she'd seen at Target. The enclosed link left me less than enthusiastic:

Another pair though, looked quite intriguing:

I mentioned in another post how I'm a sucker for a shoe with an embellished vamp - well, this was no exception. We hit Target the next day for a little lunchtime shopping, and headed for the shoe aisle.

I have to admit that her little pointy-toed shoes are much cuter on, not unlike some garments. Looking at them on the shelf didn't do much for me, but once she popped them on her feet, they were transfigured. Still not for me, but no, I wouldn't heckle her if she wore them to the office. She's planning to buy a pair when they go on sale.

How did the buckle-toes work out for me, you may ask? Eeeee! So cute on. Absolutely darling. I'm not normally one for brown shoes, but I fell in love with these. $22.99 and they're available in deep red suede and black as well as the brown leather, and I won't be surprised if I end up with a pair of each. If I stop myself at one pair, though, it'll be the brown ones. These are deep and chocolately and gorgeous, and I'll most likely scoop up a pair this week. Flaaaaaaats. I'm in shoe heaven.

Today's bag: Tod's Miky Nomad Grande. Still no picture of my bag yet, because I suck.

No comments: