Sunday, September 03, 2006

Fabulous for fall!

WARNING: If you're easily offended by designer-inspired bags, the following post isn't for you.

My Plan to Be Fabulous This Fall.

The perfect spring coat managed to elude me, but I'm making up for it with a vengeance. Here's the first part of my plan to be Fabulous. I want this coat, but in camel:

I don't need anything too fancy because I drive to work. Also because I drive to work, I don't want a long coat, but it still has to be long enough to keep me warm once I'm out of the car. This one should do nicely. I like the relaxed shoulder, and it's got the flirty attitude of a swing coat. Cute! Once I actually place the order I'll be set.

What do handbags have to do with this, you may ask? That's the next part of the plan!

Just like the mother in the "Visiting Tennessee" Kate Spade ad, I like the look of matching bag and gloves; it's a nearly effortless way to look polished and pulled together. Bag, gloves, and silk scarf (featuring a bit of your bag color), and you're set!

You may (or may not) have noticed that I seem to carry my Birkin-inspired bag quite a bit. I hadn't realized myself actually, until I began this blog. I change bags every couple of weeks or so as the mood strikes, but it seems the bag I'm usually changing back into is my Pierotucci.

I've seen Vogue spreads featuring women with rainbow assortments of the real thing: ten or twelve Hermes Birkins in different shades, like a collection of gems. I'll buy a t-shirt or blouse in several colors, but I've always loved diversity in handbags. I didn't quite connect with the idea of putting so much loyalty into one bag, even one as lovely as the Birkin - until my bought my Pierotucci, that is. A couple of days after I'd first carried it, I knew it wouldn't be my last. Which brings me to...

I've got an annual raise coming up, and a few weeks after that, my birthday. And then there's Christmas just a couple of months later! Yes, I'm planning to buy a new Pierotucci to mark all three occasions. These are the colors I eventually hope to purchase. From left to right: black, dark brown, olive green and navy blue.

Mine is camel, so a darker neutral would be nice - I'm leaning toward the olive green for my next purchase. The kind folks at Pierotucci offer a choice of hardware, palladium (silver) or gold. I'll probably go with gold no matter the bag color.

These are the brights I'd eventually like to purchase. Again, from left to right: cognac, orange, yellow, and beige.

I'm thinking maybe cognac or orange for my birthday; I'll probably go with cognac, though I've been dying for an orange bag! I have a pumpkin bag now, but it's on the flat and skinny side, not at all suitable for my kind of day to day toteage. The Pierotucci looks a bit bright, though. A browny orange would be nice, but this one looks like Crayon orange. I could always request samples...

I figure a couple of mulicolored scarves should take care of any bag I might want to accessorize. Something like this or this (ooooh!) would be lovely with the dark neutrals, and this one would work with the brights...actually, that would punch up the neutrals, too. Now I get to start looking for gloves to match!

So there it is, the first part of my plan to be Fabulous for Fall. Stay tuned!

Today's bag: Pierotucci Birkin-style bag.

No comments: