Monday, June 18, 2007

New bag!

Someone I know purchased this bag last week:

Pierotucci 35cm cognac firm leather, gold hardware. Actually, that someone was me, as if you couldn't guess.

Is that a beautiful bag or what? Want to hear the best part? $327.00, which is 40% off! Because, yes! It's the Pierotucci summer sale! The link I gave is to the full price page. Here's the link for the sale bag. [note: link removed, sale's over!] Buy away, and feel free to tell them I sent you.

I wanted a Kelly style bag because it's such a feminine style, very ladylike. Despite the size, I'm thinking it'll be gorgeous for dress up, for those occasions when my tote-style Pieros would be just a bit much. Estimated date of delivery is Thursday June 21st, which means I'll most likely have it by Wednesday afternoon -- which means I need to come up with an outfit for showing off purposes Thursday morning.

Sadly, none of you can really help with this since you have no idea what I've got in my wardrobe. Actually, I've been starting with accessories and color and going from there. So...what to wear?

Turquoise immediately leaps to mind since I've embraced my love of blue-greens with a vengence this summer and have the bangles to prove it. My tortoise bangles are classic, of course, and would look wonderful.

White shirt? A white twinset look, perhaps? Clean and streamlined and perfect for the 90+ degree heatwave we're currently locked in. White tank or tee, white shirt worn open over. Yessssss.

The skirt option is where things get dicey. Had I not worn it today, my go-to black slinky side-slit skirt would be a good, though safe, choice. I need something more fun! Or...do I want to go more straightlaced? Maybe my dove grey/muted plaid? Or the pencil skirt in navy silk? Ahhhh. Did you hear that "click"? That was the sound of the pieces sliding into place.

White tee, white blouse. Navy silk pencil skirt. Pearls, silver coin/pearl earrings, tortoise bangles. Depending on the true color of the bag in real life, my croco-embossed flats with silver buckles on the toes (think Roger Vivier) will be perfect. Yay, new bags! Yay, planning outfits around new bags!

Today's bag: blue Pierotucci Birkin-inspired bag.

No comments: