Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Latest bag purchase the day(s) after.

I saved this draft post on July 4, shortly after the bag mentioned in the previous post had arrived, but had not yet been carried.

Well, my wallet seems to be safe -- though I love the vintage vibe of the Kelly style, I'm defnitely a Birkin-style girl.

My new bag is lovely, but it just isn't my style. I do like that it has a vintage, "left to me in Grandmère's will" look...which oddly enough is my style. Holy moley, it might actually work for me! Yikes! My wallet!

Don't love: I'm carrying essentially the same things in my new 35cm Kelly style that I had in my 35cm Birkin style, but it's a snug fit. I put my makeup and little things in smaller bags to save room, since the Kelly style is a narrower bag.

Do love: It's lighter in weight. Great color, love the contrast stitching. I'm leaving the straps open and just letting them dangle; it relaxes the look of the bag just enough, I think. I love that the handle is big enough to go up to the elbow with my coat on, which is always a plus with a handheld bag. There's a detachable, non-adjustable shoulder strap which offers a hands-free option.

It's kind of scary that the more I look at it (it's on the bookcase where I can see it while I surf on the laptop and watch TV), the more I think I might be liking it. It'll look fabulous with fall clothes. Oh no! I think I like it after all! It wasn't love at first sight, but it's growing on me fast.

I wasn't quite sure if the style really worked for me, but I can't stop looking at it. This may be the start of a new collection; I'll know better tomorrow after it's been in action. I may even do a little shopping after work -- for wearability research purposes only, of course.

present day... My initial response was correct -- the Kelly style is a beautiful bag, but I really am a Birkin-style girl. I'm highly pleased with my new bag though, because it'll fit right in with fall's retro vibe. I mostly bought it for dress-up occasions anyway, so spicing up work outfits with a little vintage glam now and then will be a bonus!

Today's bag: camel Pierotucci Birkin-inspired bag.

No comments: