Friday, December 22, 2006

I'm back! Also, new bag lurve for Christmas!

It's been forever since I posted -- my father was suddenly taken ill and has been in the hospital for the past few weeks. During that time I either haven't felt much like blogging or I haven't had the time. He's done much better this past week, so I've been easing back into my online life. :-)

My Tod's Miky Nomade Grande has been getting a workout since Dad's been in the hospital; since I never know what I might need to lug to and from the hospital, it's nice having a big bag to toss any- and everything into. Oddly enough, even though I've worn it plenty of times before, I suddenly received a cluster of compliments during a four day stretch, including: A woman at work who practically twitched with the need to touch the leather ("It looks so soft!" she said); one of the nurses at the hospital wanted to take it right off my shoulder; my aunt, who commented twice about how much she liked it.

I loved the big one so much that I thought it would be nice to have the regular shoulderbag-sized version. Since this is the season for bag sales left and right, I got lucky (though not as lucky as when I got the big one half off), and not only nabbed it at a pretty good price, but I got the orange bag I've been jonesing for. Yay! Tod's Miky Nomade Media in pumpkin:

I ordered it Tuesday from Bluefly; with Christmas two-day delivery I received it yesterday! Bluefly charges tax, which was an unhappy surprise, so I probably won't order from them again unless it's something I absolutely have to have and can't find anywhere else - and the price is right. One happy surprise is that the bag was shipped inside its big orange Tod's box, a bonus I didn't receive when I ordered the big one from Neiman's. Whee! My cat had a ton of fun helping me open the package.

I now have two Tod's bags, and I'm pretty sure there are more in my future. The leather is luscious, the construction impeccable. I'll be watching the sales, because I fully intend to get at least one more Grande. I plan to get a neutral shade, like the brandy one pictured here at Eluxury. I'm not crazy about brown bags, but that's one I think I can live with. I love Tod's.

Today's bag: Tod's Miky Nomade Media.

No comments: