Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Color, take three.

Today's color is...grey!

I wore a highly unsuccessful outfit yesterday: heather grey sweatshirty material skirt, white mock turtleneck top, dark grey collared wool cardigan. OY VEY.

Overall, I think the proportions were wrong. The cardigan was a bit short for the length of the skirt, the top was the same length as the cardigan. All in all, a fashion mistake I won't make again! I'm thinking of adding the skirt to the "weekend only" pile; that's the second time I've worn it lately and realized that it's really not flattering -- at least not for work. For knocking around running errands, it'll be fine.

About the only thing the outfit had going for it was...

Yesterday's bag: Dooney & Bourke Medium Nubuck tote, in a darkish slate grey. It photographs a bit lighter than the real color.

I wore grey again today, an outfit that I always think looks good: dove grey knit dress, slinky chocolate cardigan, sheer black hose and black flats with a black/white dotted bow at the toe. It might sound weird, but grey and chocolate is a really nice combination. The dark brown is softer than black, and with the rest of the black and grey going on, it adds a subtle touch of color. I recommend that you try it sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of shoes, I finally got around to buying the ones I mentioned in this post, the Target buckle-toed flats. Not quite half price but almost, and they still had the brown ones that I wanted! I had to go to two stores to get them, but it was definitely worth it. They're darling on, and the color is genius. They're a very, very dark brown, like bittersweet chocolate, like, chocolate black. I love them so much I'm tempted to get them in black as well, but I don't know if I need yet another pair of black shoes. Still, I love them madly.

No comments: