Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New loves.

I have three new loves.

1) My beautiful new beige Pierotucci Birkin-style bag mentioned in my last post. The thing is huuuuuge (40cm), and it's perfect for work. It can hold a multitude of schleppage (the usual stuff you'd find in a handbag, plus work folders and a pair of shoes!) and still look great. I love the color, and I love how polished and professional (yet stylish) it looks with whatever I'm wearing. The only thing I'd change is that it's "strong" leather rather than the soft leather I prefer for their bags. Still, it was half-price so I'm not complaining! I'm contemplating a second 40cm in soft leather in a dark color. I doubt if I'll wait for the next sale though...maybe a present for my work anniversary? Hmmmm!

2) Another fun outfit with my new favorite skirt (also mentioned in my last post), a black/light khaki toile-ish print cotton. I wore it with a black turtleneck, slinky bordeaux cardigan, pearls, sheer black stockings, and, again, my black flats with black/white bowed toes. Great outfit, and it looked fabulous with my new beige bag!

3) Just discovered (thanks to a post in the Purse Forum) The Sartorialist, one of the few fashion-oriented blogs I've fallen absolutey in love with on first sight. I love, love, love that he doesn't just spotlight trendy, hipper-than-thou types; he photographs great personal style on just about anyone: young, old, male, female, rich, not-so-rich. There are pictures of people in the business as well as tons of pictures of regular everyday folks. I've spent the last couple of hours working my way through the archives; it's definitely a love letter to everything that makes fashion/design/style fun and interesting. Seriously one of the best blogs ever. Check it out if, like me, you've obviousy been living under a rock.

Today's bag: beige Pierotucci Birkin-inspired bag.

No comments: