Thursday, May 24, 2007

Further adventures in monochromatic dressing.

I wore a successful outfit this week that could have been better. Black slinky side-slit skirt, dove grey v-neck t-shirt (Mossimo from Target, I'd love a rainbow of these!), deep charcoal grey shirt worn open over the t-shirt. Slender silver bangles and earrings, black sheer stockings and my black flats with black/white dotted bows completed the ensemble.

The black and greys looked good, but definitely could have benefitted from a pop of color. In my defense, I wore my blue Pierotucci that day. Looking at myself without the bag, though, it was just a good outfit that fell a little short. Next time around I'll do one of two things:

1) White t-shirt instead of the grey, same silver accessories. Same blue bag. That would have looked fabulous!

2) Same grey t-shirt, but colorful bangles and earrings instead of the silver. My new turquoise bangles and a pair of turquoise earrings. Maybe with my ivory Pierotucci...

Another thought is that my accessories were just too wimpy to add punch to the outfit. I think I'll try the combo with a bold black bangle and some interesting black earrings next time.

I actually started to wear a slinky chocolate cardigan instead of the charcoal shirt, but I wasn't feeling quite that adventurous once I got dressed. :-) The grey t-shirt looked wonderful with the chocolate cardigan though, so that will be my next monochromatic experiment. Hopefully I have a skirt that will work with such a combo. Then again, if I don't own something already, that's a great excuse to go shopping!

Today's bag: blue Pierotucci Birkin-inspired bag.

No comments: