Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Color, take four.

If inspired-design bags make you weep, flee now and don't say I didn't warn you.

The following is my Philosphy on Blue. Because I'm apparently the laziest blogger ever, I'm going to copy the text from a mail message I sent to a purse-loving friend:

I'm really funny about blue. I'm not partial to thin, cold blues, but I love anything with depth. I love navy. I'm partial to blues with just a hint of green, or the kind of blue with a soft, creamy base (like robin's egg or Tiffany blue), and I love turquoise. This is why I have a hard time trying to find blue accessories that I really like, especially bags, because the shade has to be just right, and there are *tons* of shades that are just so, so wrong...at least to my eye. :-)

So...I've seen tons of blue bags, and I've even been tempted by a few, but I just couldn't find the one that truly spoke to me. Eventually I fell in love with the oh so lovely color known as 'blue jeans' and I was hooked. Pierotucci had my money quicker than you can say, "Gimme that bag!"

I ordered soft leather, 35cm, silver hardware. The silver should be lovely against the blue! I'm very excited.

This will be my fourth bag, and this one wasn't even on my wish list. It should be a gorgeous warm weather bag, and the blue will provide a bright pop of color against darker clothes this winter. Again, I'm ridiculously excited.

I've been planning lots of monotone outfits in neutral colors so that the bag will shine: khaki, black, brown, grey, white. This will be the first outfit: a crisp white shirt worn open with a white tank beneath and my black slinky side-slit skirt. Finishing touches include a trio of turquoise bangles on my wrist and a pair of silver hoops in my ears. Yes, I shall be fabulous.

Today's bag: camel Pierotucci Birkin-inspired bag.

No comments: